Fedora 10 and plotters? - OT

Kevin Kempter kevin at kevinkempterllc.com
Thu Jun 11 15:51:55 UTC 2009

Hi All;

I'm a database consultant so I'm forever printing large database models onto
25 sheets of letter sized paper and taping them together - tiresome.

I've found a used plotter, an HP DesignJet 750C - a 36" color plotter with
automatic roll feed and cutter.

I walked thru part of the cups add printer setup and the 750c is listed as an
option in the printer list.

I'm wondering if anyone out there has any experience running an HP plotter via
Linux, are there any gotcha's? do I have to tweak anything to tell the printer
(and Linux) that I'm printing to 36" paper as opposed to 24"? Will the
automatic roll feed and cutter just work? etc..

Thanks in advance...