OT: Network bandwidth monitor

Steve Repo scmuser at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 16:59:02 UTC 2009

Hello,

I have a network of  20 hosts and all of them are windows machines
except one Fedora 10 box. One of the machines is using all the
bandwidth and seem to be uploading  something.  We have a liberal
network policy and policing the firewall is beyond my hands.

What i'd like to do  is identify this rogue machine that is uploading
something and using our bandwidth.  I thought I could identify the box
that is using up the most network bandwidth.  Oh, we all machines are
on DHCP.

Should I install iftop and run it on the fedora box?  or do i have to
make fedora as the router to capture all traffic? Any other tools that
does bandwidth monitoring?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve