No audio on F11 and pulseaudio questions

stan goedigi89__e at cox.net
Fri Jun 12 00:01:26 UTC 2009

Chris wrote:
> 2009/6/11 stan <goedigi89__e at cox.net>:
>> In /etc/alsa the default device for alsa is set to pulseaudio.  If you move
>> the file that does that you will get the default alsa device which is the
>> first sound card on your system.  Then if you kill pulseaudio, it won't
>> respawn.
>
> I tried moving the file /etc/alsa/pulse-default.conf to /etc/ but it
> still respawned when I did a "pulseaudio -k".

I just had another thought.  Did you log out and log back in in order to
pick up the new configuration?  Alsa will read the default when it
starts at login and keep it until you log out.

If alsa is working you should be able to type the command

alsamixer

in a terminal or console and have the original alsa mixer come up
instead of the pulseaudio version.