XFCE does not keep the display settings after each reboot

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Jun 12 17:33:17 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-06-12 at 16:21 +0100, Paul Smith wrote:
> I do not know why system-config-display was not installed by default.

Because, now, with X system that needs no xorg.conf file, because it
always automatically correctly configures itself to suit your
automatically detected graphics card and monitor, there's no need for
you to have a control panel to manually set things up...

Yes, I'm being sarcastic about how well it works.  But that's the
thinking behind it:  It should take care of itself, automatically.  So
why bother to include a package, by default, that you won't need.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.24-78.2.53.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.