F11 is requiring root priv to mount DVD/CD - auto-magic method isn't working

Gerald B. Cox gbcox at bzb.us
Sat Jun 13 15:51:59 UTC 2009

Well, I was going to code the following workaround in /etc/fstab:

/dev/dvd  /media/dvd              auto    ro,noauto,user,exec 0 0

at which point I found that during installation, anaconda had created
this entry:
/dev/sr0  /mnt/source             iso9660 defaults        0 0

which of course creates this issue.

I commented out the entry and the issue is now resolved.  Opened
an anaconda bug so issue could be researched.