scim and keyboard input issues still

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sun Jun 14 00:17:04 UTC 2009

Craig White wrote:
> F10 - KDE
>
> I am pretty much working but since I installed scim and am switching
> between Chinese and English, I can no longer use some of my keys...
>
> <DELETE>     doesn't appear to do anything
> <Arrow Up>   doesn't appear to do anything
> <Arrow Down> appears to perform like pressing <Enter>
>
> yet if I open xev, I can see the keycodes are being sent.
>
> and if I quit scim, it doesn't fix anything.
>
> I think this happened once I configured KDE systemsettings and added
> Chinese language but I removed it now and still, no change. Setup in
> systemsettings/Region & Language only shows US English and keyboard is
> still Evdev-managed keyboard and only USA layout.

Well....

I don't have your problems but I don't have your settings either....

In "Region & Language" I have nothing installed.  Above the box were
languages would be listed it shows: "Country or Region: Not set (Generic
English).  My keyboard layout is "Disabled".

--
QOTD: "It's sort of a threat, you see. I've never been very good at them
myself, but I'm told they can be very effective."