Firefox - open site from a link in a different program

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Sun Jun 14 04:57:33 UTC 2009

With the Firefox that was included in F10, when I clicked on a link in my email
client that link would open in a new tab in Firefox.

With F11, the link opens in the currently-open tab in Firefox, replacing the
content that I had there previously.

The same thing happens when, for example, clicking "Learn More" in the Get
Addons window -- the website appears in the  currently open tab instead of
opening a new one.

How can I get the previous behaviour back?  Sometimes I want to go through an
email and click on all of the links, then switch to Firefox and read each tab.
I can't do that any more.