Root Access (Solved at least in Part)

Mike Dwiggins mike at azdwiggins.com
Sun Jun 14 06:05:48 UTC 2009

Frank Cox wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Jun 2009 22:19:24 -0700
> Mike Dwiggins wrote:
>

>> I need to be able to log in as root to do my job!
>>

> Why?
>
> What, specifically, do you need to do that requires you to log in as root to do
> your job?
>
> (This isn't meant to be confrontational. This is intended to find out exactly
> why you think you need to log in as root, so we can tell you how to do things
> the right way.  "How does a new guy learn?" and all that.)

With the help provided I can now log in as root. in F 11.  Where I am
trying to get to may or may not be a problem in F 11 but, beyond a doubt
was in F 10!  Trying to install Flash 10 in  Opera required a start from
within the X11 environment.  I never did figure out how to do that.

Now in Fedora 11 I am trying to figure out that problem.  Yep, I am a
Newbie who only has two websites running on Linux platforms in my living
room!  I am really trying to learn the inner workings of Linux.

Thanks for the Help.  I can at least Putty in as root now!  BTW, my job
keeps me away from my servers about 255 days per year so logging in as
root is very important!

Thanks All!