Questions with rsync

Robert L Cochran cochranb at speakeasy.net
Mon Jun 15 01:06:31 UTC 2009

This is a very useful thread for me to follow. You asked some
interesting questions that led to answers with complete rsync scripts
provided. That's what I call a really great response!

It does help if you read `man rsync` and the web resources carefully.
They can answer a lot of questions.

You may want to read a copy of the book "Backup and Recovery" by W.
Curtis Preston. It was published by O'Reilly in 2007 and might even
feature current technologies...and it is available from Amazon. Preston
wrote an earlier book with almost the same title, whuch is out of print.
That one is "Unix Backup and Recovery" and I have it here.

http://www.backupcentral.com/

Bob