F11 mkinitrd fails with LVM on multiple md devices

Ian Pilcher arequipeno at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 12:14:59 UTC 2009

My root filesystem is on a logical volume; the volume group is spread
across multiple software RAID (md) devices.

mkinitrd in Fedora 11 is ignoring all but one of the md devices.  It
only includes a mdadm -A ... line in the nash script for that device,
and it would presumably only include the RAID modules required by that
device.  (All of my md devices are RAID-1, so I can't test this.)

It looks like the logic to enumerate and handle all of the devices
required by a volume group was in handlelvordev() in Fedora 10's version
of mkinitrd.  This function has been removed, and I can't find anything
in the new version of mkinitrd that looks like it even tries to handle
all of the physical volumes in a volume group.

Did I miss something?