VirtualBox, Linux, ethernet question...

Yoram Halberstam yoram.halberstam at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 18:59:18 UTC 2009

I've tried them all...

it says something like this:

eth0  device: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] 79c970 [PCnet32 LANCE] (rev 10)
eth0 Starting  DHCP4 client . . . . . . . . .
eth0 DHCP4 continues in backround
waiting
waiting for mandatory devices:   eth0 __NSC__
5 3 1
eth0 device: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] 79c970 [PCnet32 LANCE] (rev 10)
eth0  DHCP4 client (dhcpcd) is running
eth0  . . . but is still waiting for data
waiting
eth0  interface could not be set up until now
failedSetting up service (localfs) network . . . . . . . . failed

2009/6/15 Giuseppe Fuggiano <giuseppe.fuggiano at gmail.com>

> 2009/6/15 Yoram Halberstam <yoram.halberstam at gmail.com>:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have Fedora 10 and installed the latest VirtualBox. In a virtual
> machine I
> > have Suse Linux. It doesn't managed to get an ip address through dhcp.
> >
> > I know this a fedora list but maybe I could get some clues at how to
> > diagnose network problem on Linux (does it even see VirtualBox DHCP?)
> >
> > Note: I've added the guest addition
>
> How is your VM network configured?  Try selecting "bridge" and then
> the ethernet interface the host is using.
>
> Cheers
> --
> Giuseppe
>
> --