Are there any BMR (bare metal restore) style apps for linux

Robert L Cochran cochranb at speakeasy.net
Mon Jun 15 21:34:07 UTC 2009

Also G4U. I tend to use G4U right away when I must work on someone
else's system. I run off a clone of the hard drive to one of my spares.
It is so nice having those clones for "CYA" purposes.
ddrescue is great for drives which are ready to crash and show bad sectors
Testdisk and Photorec are both pretty amazing at recovering lost
partitions and recovering deleted files, respectively.

Bob