Announcing LXDE Fedora Remix 11

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 19:12:23 UTC 2009

On 06/17/2009 10:07 PM, Christoph Wickert wrote:

> If something depends on me, please let me know instead of releasing
> something unfinished again without even telling me.

We did discuss about this before Christoph. I told you I was interested
in getting a prototype out early and did a survey in this before that
you were aware of and we discussed about offlist.

Including updates in the release while bringing in a few more fixes
breaks other things. We can always do a updated remix with the fixes
rolled in at a later point. The whole idea is to get you enough feedback
to justify a spin of good quality for Fedora 12. If it was not
"unfinished", it would have been a spin and not a remix. Release early,
release often.

The fact it is your work with some modifications is fully acknowledged at

http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/remixes/LXDE/lxde-fedora-remix-11.ks

Of course, the original contains traces of the Xfce kickstart file I
did. We all build from each other and get things rolling faster by doing
this.

Rahul