Appropriate way to contact a package maintainer

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 09:32:25 UTC 2009

On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 19:29:47 -0300, Itamar wrote:

> send a e-mail to
>
> package-owner at fedoraproject.org

Please don't top-post.

One would need to substitute "package" with the src.rpm package name
for above address to work.

Other ways below.

> On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 7:27 PM, Clint Dilks wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am wondering if someone can tell me the appropriate way to start a
> > conversation with a package maintainer.  I know the Fedora name that the
> > person has but am not sure of the correct way to find a form or e-mail
> > address to submit a message to them.

All people with a "Fedora name" have a corresponding Fedora Project email alias.

http://bugz.fedoraproject.org/SOURCE-RPM-PACKAGE-NAME

is a nice interface into Fedora's Package Database.
Example: http://bugz.fedoraproject.org/glibc

It also features a "Report a new bug against this package" link
that takes you directly to the right input-form at http://bugzilla.redhat.com