Thunderbird bug or feature?

Frank Murphy frankly3d at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 21:09:16 UTC 2009

On 18/06/09 17:30, Konstantin Svist wrote:
> I received an email with this block of text (when viewing source)
> **snip**
>
> --=20
> **snip**
>
> It displays fine when reading the message. the text after "--" is a
> signature, and it's displayed in gray (which is correct).

With you to here.

But when I hit
> Reply, the quoted text only goes up to the "--"

Do you mean the original msg goes down as far as the sig?

and doesn't quote
> anything below.

That's a setting in preferences (TB3).

In particular, the earlier mail exchange is below the
> signature, and didn't get quoted.

Possibly due to someone incorrectly setting up their mua to top post.
If I'm reading this correctly.

> Is this a bug or a feature?
> I didn't really pay attention to it before, but it may have always
> worked this way...

As this is a reply, my personal sig. should not show up.

Frank