shasum

terry xtlynne at charter.net
Fri Jun 19 01:21:18 UTC 2009

> No it does not!!!

It does.  You are nor reading what I said.

> > Doing in a terminal   sha256sum -c  Fedora - 11 - i686 - Live - CHECKSUM
> >
> > ANSWER: no such file or directory. this dog won't hunt.
> > is spacing of ( - ) important?

There are no spaces either side of the - between Fedora, 11,
i686i, Live and CHECKSUM.  Just look at what I wrote - you actually
quoted it in your email.

Fedora-11-i386-CHECKSUM is a file that you should have downloaded with
the iso.  So the command is:

sha256 -c somefilename

In this instance somefilename is Fedora-11-i386-CHECKSUM

You will need to be running this in the directory where the CHECKSUM
file and the iso are.

Steve,
The last line tells all!!    Does sha256 -c work instead of sha256sum -c somefilename?