F11 fix for sound on Intel HDA machines ?

Tarun Ramakrishna lenkite at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 18:00:14 UTC 2009

I had the same problem too on my T61.. It's not a driver problem - Intel HDA
gets detected,  it because the  default channel selection doesn't appear to
be selected right. (there is a bug open on this too). Open up kmix -
configure so that all channels are shown. (PCM/speaker/etc). Increase the
volume on all channels till you find out which channel are you getting sound
on.

Best Regards,
Tarun