NM and TKIP

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Fri Jun 19 18:18:43 UTC 2009

On Friday 19 June 2009 13:51:16 Mike Burger wrote:

> >> does

> >> KDE4?
> >>
> >> Could be.  I've never got it to use the saved key.
> >
> > ----
> > you could have fooled me because my laptop on F10/KDE saved the key but
> > it is now running F11 so I can't test but I never have had to re-enter
> > the key.
>
> Nor do I, though I do have to input my password for the keyring.

I have come to accept that what applies in one setup doesn't necessarily apply
in another.  I have things that work perfectly on an F10 workstation but not
on an F10 netbook.  I'm guessing that there is some difference in software
installed, as well as hardware differences, but it can be almost impossible to
track down some problems.  Thankfully they seem to get sorted out almost by
accident when some other reported bug is being addressed.

Anne