F11 Trash Not Emptying

Beartooth TpBkR beartooth at comcast.net
Sat Jun 20 16:13:14 UTC 2009

	Sometimes it tells me that certain things can't be removed (Error
removing file: Permission denied) -- even though their owner is my userid
-- and sometimes it just does nothing.

	Ir I right click on one of the items in the trash, then on
Properties, then on Permissions, it tells me I own it; but if I try to
change group folder access, it says 'Sorry, could not change the
permissions of "192.168.1.100": Operation not supported by backend.'

	This happened once before, with F10 iirc, and that time I managed
to get to the trash as root and deleted the stuff; but alas!, I can
neither recall nor reconstruct how I did it. As root at /home/btth, if I
do ls|grep Trash, I get no hits. Similarly at /home/btth/Desktop.

	If I click on it, click file, then Open Location, it tells me
"trash:///" -- but I can't cd to it. (Open Parent is grayed out.)