Client connect to NFS server as user?

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.net
Sun Jun 21 13:10:04 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-06-20 at 12:27 -0700, Craig White wrote:

> but the truth is that using automounts such as /etc/auto.home
> or /auto.misc is even better

I wanted to use auto mounts before myself, but the one problem I ran
into, was if the directory wasn't mounted, and I wanted to download a
file off the internet (via firefox, or even an ftp gui) and onto the nfs
share, it wouldn't be accessible.  I would have to get access it or
whatever to get it to mount/appear and then download.  So I use fstab to
perm mount it.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

Fedora Project - Bugzapper, Tester, User, etc..
miketc302 at fedoraproject.org