Getting Puppetd To Work

Robert L Cochran cochranb at speakeasy.net
Sun Jun 21 13:47:30 UTC 2009

On 06/20/2009 11:16 PM, Todd Zullinger wrote:
> Robert L Cochran wrote:
>
>> How do I rename my server to be "puppet" as you suggest?
>>

> If you have local DNS setup, you can add puppet as a CNAME for your
> server.  If not, you could add it to /etc/hosts.  I've always done the
> former.

Okay, so that would work like this:

puppet.                              CNAME     deafeng3.signtype.info.
deafeng3.signtype.info     A               192.168.4.75

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I'll give it a try pending
confirmation. This would be very helpful material in the
reductivelabs.com tutorial for puppet.

>> How do I recreate the puppetmaster certificates?
>>

> I think just removing /var/lib/puppet/ssl is the simplest way.  (Move
> it elsewhere if you want to safe.)  Do this on both the client and the
> server, if they are different.  When you start the puppetmaster again
> it will create new certificates.

I'll give this a whirl too.