Fedora 11: Finally I can ditch XP

Vijay Gill vijay.s.gill at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 14:24:01 UTC 2009

2009/6/21 Fernando Cassia <fcassia at gmail.com>:

> On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 10:50 AM, Vijay Gill <vijay.s.gill at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> So far I always wanted to convince my wife to let me have Linux as
>> main desktop and if she needs XP (for software like MS-Money, she has
>> been entering data into it since 2003)
>
> You must have missed this... tell your wife to start looking at Quicken or
> other F/OSS solutions...
>
> Microsoft discontinues MS Money
> http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-10261742-56.html
>
> Microsoft Money ends its life on June 30
> http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/143940
>
> See also:
> Six great free alternatives to MS Money and Quicken
> http://zenhabits.net/2007/05/6-great-free-alternatives-to-quicken-ms-money/

Hi Fernando,

Thanks for your reply.

For me, it is easier said than done. If I move to Quicken it is just
moving from one closed-source solution to another. And I have not
found a way to migrate the Ms-Money data to other OSS apps. I am
thinking of writing my own and migrate the data (Ms-Money can export
data in the form of reports in XML/CSV format). The only problem is
that I do not get time, but one day I will break those shackles too.

Vijay