cups doesn't get the right ppd file

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Sun Jun 21 22:01:54 UTC 2009

On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 22:43:15 +0100
Tim Waugh wrote:

> > Found the problem.
> >
> > Cups puts the printer at usb://Lexmark/E120 when it's really
> > usb://Lexmark/Lexmark%20E120 (the second one works, while the first
> > one doesn't).
>
> Please file a bug report against 'cups'.  It sounds like it might be a
> problem with either the CUPS 'usb' backend or possibly with the
> hal-cups-utils package.

Meanwhile, the hal mailing list is often a good place to go for
tips about smacking hal around. Maybe some sort of
file in /etc/hal/fdi/policy/ could be used to make it stop
auto configuring that printer, then you could just configure
it manually (they helped me figure out how to make hal
ignore a usb drive I didn't want automounted, so maybe
it can ignore printers too).