Is it possible to use displays with touch sensors as A input devices in Fedora 11.1?

Mgr. Janusz Chmiel chmiel at phil.muni.cz
Mon Jun 22 19:40:40 UTC 2009

Dear users of Fedora,

    I would like to valuably ask You, if Fedora 11.1 with Gnome desktop
environment or with KDe can use displays with touch sensors as an input
device. I found out, that some application for activating some input is
awaylable in The Gnome menu.

My next question.

COuld be used even multitouch technology with this display with touch
sensors connected to A computer? Or this feature is not awaylable yet.
Multi-touch technology would enable not only physically impaired computer
users, to control whole Gnome or KDe desktop and it's applications. How
expensive is The display with touch sensors? And how complex would be to
develope new Fedora compatible driver for this device?

If there are some supported displays, please send me it's exact model and
The manufacturer of this device.

Thank ou for Your help.
The kindness regards.

Janusz Chmiel