Dual screen / Xinerama

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Tue Jun 23 08:40:59 UTC 2009

Hi folks,

I've got on this topic before and also done a load more googling but I still
haven't got an answer.

I have a FC10 / WinXP system at home with a NVidia GForce 9600 card in it.
Attached to it I have 2 19" screens.

In WinXP everything works fine. I have the left screen as the main one and can
open and drag windows between the two screens with ease.

However, in FC10 all I can manage to do is to get both screens to have the
content which is of course no use.

My research points to me needing to use Xinerama. However, that same research
indicates that this is no longer supported being replaced by another project
which then itself got dropped.

Is this true?
If not, does anyone have SIMPLE instructions on how to set it up
If yes, is there an alternative system I could use?

Cheers
Gary
--
Gary Stainburn