Output of "yum list installed"

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 13:40:20 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-06-22 at 15:47 -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 16:43:28 -0430
> "Patrick O'Callaghan" <pocallaghan at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> ...snip...
>
> > This is all fascinating, but what I come away with is "yum has a
> > complex set of rules for color-coding its output, but the developers
> > can't be bothered documenting them".
>
> Does 'man yum.conf' and searching for 'color' not have the
> documentation you are looking for?

You're absolutely right. I naively thought that info on colourizing the
output of yum would be in the man page for yum, while in fact that page
simply mentions that you can "colorize" the output but doesn't say what
it means, nor that further info is in the yum.conf man page.

All the same, thanks for the tip.

poc