Output of "yum list installed"

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 13:52:56 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-06-23 at 14:47 +0100, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 June 2009 14:40:20 Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> > You're absolutely right. I naively thought that info on colourizing the
> > output of yum would be in the man page for yum, while in fact that page
> > simply mentions that you can "colorize" the output but doesn't say what
> > it means, nor that further info is in the yum.conf man page.
>
> That's another advantage of reading man pages in konqueror.  As you start to
> type the name in you see a list of all related man pages (name-related, that
> is).

Not really. I knew already that yum.conf had its own man page. What I
didn't realize is that I needed to look there for info on colours.
Judging by the various hypotheses put forward in this thread I suspect
that I'm not the only one.

In fact if I used one of the desktop search engines I might have saved
myself and everyone else the bother, but I still haven't come across one
that worked reliably and didn't eat all my cpu. Admittedly it has been
quite a while since I tried.

poc