Broadcom BCM43XX Nightmarte on F11

Ian Chapman packages at amiga-hardware.com
Tue Jun 23 14:44:48 UTC 2009

On 23/06/09 22:16, Christopher A. Williams wrote:
> I have a couple of laptops I've been working on that I have not been
> able to get WiFi to come up on at all.
>
> Both of them have the Broadcom BC43XX series adapters. One of them is a
> Gateway MX6030 laptop equipped with a Broadcom BCM4318 adapter and the
> other is a Dell Inspiron e1705 with a BCM4311 adapter.

Despite that fact that Broadcom are arseholes when it comes to Linux
I've found the adaptors work pretty damn well, thanks to the guys who've
meticulously worked to provide the kernel drives. I would guess that
you're missing the required firmware? It isn't distributed with Fedora
for legal reasons. Have a look here, particularly the section about
firmware installation:

http://www.linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/b43

This has worked perfectly for me, for both BCM4306 and BCM4311. If you
try this, I would make sure broadcom-wl is uninstalled.

--
Ian Chapman.