gnome-keyring pop up from ssh

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wolfgang.rupprecht+gnus200906 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 23:04:43 UTC 2009

Sam Varshavchik <mrsam at courier-mta.com> writes:
> For some reason, on one of my machines, the first time I run ssh I get
> a pop-up to unlock my keyring.
>
> I don't use a keyring. How do I turn off this pop-up?

You probably have a keyring that you didn't request courtesy of the
gnome gremlins.  Check:

        ~/.gnome2/keyrings

At one point, many fedora releases ago, there was some weirdness where
default.keyring and login.keyring interacted badly and that would cause
such a popup.  These keyrings seem as well documented as the rest of
gnome (meaning hardly at all) so it beats me what they do.  Deleting the
keyrings solved the problem for me back then.  Perhaps it will do the
trick for you too.

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht              Android 1.5 (Cupcake) and Fedora-11