Broadcom BCM43XX Nightmarte on F11

Christopher A. Williams chriswfedora at cawllc.com
Wed Jun 24 00:42:07 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-06-23 at 19:13 -0400, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> On-topic for this thread:
>
> I've got a F10 laptop with a Broadcom chipset. The kernel driver works
> fine, with the fw-cutter extracted firmware.
>
> How can I boot the F11 Live CD to verify that wireless works? It probably
> does, but I'd like to be sure. I need to have the firmware files merged into
> the CD.

I'm not sure how I would do that with a CD, but if you created a
bootable USB drive with some persistent storage, it's quite straight
forward to do.

Assuming a 1GB USB drive, you can create from the command line with:

livecd-iso-to-disk --overlay-size-mb 250 <ISO file> <device>

Then just boot from the USB drive and copy over the files as before.

Cheers,

Chris

--
"You see things as they are and ask, 'Why?'

-- George Bernard Shaw