F-11 libvirt no longer creating firewall/iptables rules for virtual network?

Patrick Mansfield patman at aracnet.com
Wed Jun 24 20:20:29 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 06:19:00PM +0100, Jonathan Underwood wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am not sure if I'm bumping into a bug, but on a new F-11 install I
> no longer see libvirt/virt-manager creating iptables rules for virtual
> machines - does anyone else see this?

It happens for me ... when I didn't really want it. But I figured out I
just need to allow samba ports in my general firewall rules, then the
libvirt additions should just work (right now I'm just running "iptables
-I INPUT -i virbr0 -j ACCEPT" after libvirt is running).

What is iptables showing?

I see virbr0 in mine and more.

-- Patrick Mansfield