F-11 libvirt no longer creating firewall/iptables rules for virtual network?

Jonathan Underwood jonathan.underwood at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 23:27:12 UTC 2009

2009/6/24 Patrick Mansfield <patman at aracnet.com>:
> It happens for me ... when I didn't really want it. But I figured out I
> just need to allow samba ports in my general firewall rules, then the
> libvirt additions should just work (right now I'm just running "iptables
> -I INPUT -i virbr0 -j ACCEPT" after libvirt is running).
>
> What is iptables showing?
>
> I see virbr0 in mine and more.

hm, odd. Wonder what is different about my config. I'm just using a
very simple firewall setup with only ssh loaded. After the libvirtd
service is started, I see no mention of virbr0 in iptables output:

# iptables -L
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere            state
RELATED,ESTABLISHED
ACCEPT     icmp --  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state NEW
tcp dpt:ssh
REJECT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
reject-with icmp-host-prohibited

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)
REJECT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
reject-with icmp-host-prohibited

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

and yet ifconfig shows the virbr0 bridge has been created succesfully.