Updates to F10 now put windows partition icons on desktop! [Solved]

Ian Chapman packages at amiga-hardware.com
Thu Jun 25 13:56:06 UTC 2009

On 25/06/09 15:06, Mike Cloaked wrote:

> Ian, I had a quick look at the authorisations - you were spot on - there was
> indeed an explicit authorisation for me as user set up 14 days ago as
> permanent - though I do not remember adding this!  Anyway removing it solved
> the problem.
>
> Thanks for  your help and hints - it was useful....

No worries Mike. I think I can make a good guess as to where the
authorisation came from too. When you mount an internal disk by clicking
on one of the disk icons in the "Places" menu in Gnome it prompts for
authorisation (ie the root password). Underneath there is a tick box
which says something like, "remember this authorisation permanently.",
which is enabled by default. If you don't untick it, then it essentially
creates an explicit policy for you. Anyway, glad it worked. :-)

--
Ian Chapman.