What the... update on F10 somehow invoked Upgrade to F11?

Daniel B. Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Thu Jun 25 23:25:25 UTC 2009

Yup, that's right.

I have automatic updates set and somehow, I got a
F10->F11 Upgrade popup dialog box.

I thought to myself, why not.  F10 was missing
session-save, so I proceeded, not that I had any
choice in the matter (the upgrade dialog box
did not have "Cancel"...

So, after many hours of "upgrading", it seemed
search my local configuration, started downloading
and setting up an upgrade configuration list, and at
the end of that process, left a dialog box with a button
saying: "Reboot", so I pressed the Reboot button.

What is odd is on rebooting, the screen information
was telling me that I was booting up as F10...

When I logged in as a normal user, everything seemed
to be running as F10...  I am sure glad that I did not
lose the OS in any case and it did come up working.

What's up with that?