R: Re: R: Re: [was (no subject)] Wireless in F11

Z3N58 at libero.it Z3N58 at libero.it
Fri Jun 26 14:07:03 UTC 2009

so i think that my bcm has to work but somebody could tell me what i have to do
to make it working?

org
>Data: 26/06/2009 15.57
>A: "Z3N58 at libero.it"<Z3N58 at libero.it>, "Community
assistance, encouragement, and advice for using Fedora."<fedora-list at redhat.
com>
>Ogg: Re: R: Re: [was (no subject)] Wireless in F11
>
>2.4 Ghz this case
is the transmission frequency that the wireless
>signal work with.
>
>2009/6/26
Z3N58 at libero.it <Z3N58 at libero.it>:
>> Hi,
>> i'm very sorry for the object, i
can assure that wasn't intenctional, i
>> forgot!
>> so, using the command
lspci the answer is: 06:00.0 Network controller:
>> Broadcom Corporation
BCM4312 802.11b/g (rev 01)
>> i don't know lther cmd to know
>> wich version of
broadcom i have.
>> reading tha page http://www.dnmouse.
>> org/broadcom.html i
can understand that is supported but afther is written
>> "only tha 2.4 Ghz
part" and i don't understand if with my cpu (AMD Sempron™ SI-
>> 42  2,1 GHz,
cache L2 = 512 KB) will works!

>> thank's everybody for the
>> answers...

ivan

26/06/2009 14.24
>>>A: "Z3N58 at libero.it"<Z3N58 at libero.it>, "Community
assistance,
>> encouragement, and advice for using Fedora."<fedora-list at redhat.
com>
>>>Ogg: Re:
>> [was (no subject)] Wireless in F11
>>>
>>>On Fri, Jun 26,
2009 at 7:22 AM,
new user of Fedora
>> 'cause I was using another distribution of linux

>> my laptop (Hp 6735s) but I tryed the live
version and

>> working...i wanna jnow if is just a
live problem and if is like

>> installing F11 the problem will
be solved or is a problem with the

>> wireless hardware (Broadcom
802.11). Are just some months that i'm using linux

good at it.
>>>[clipped]
>>>

>>>In my
experience, Linux is still somewhat immature in the wireless
>>>area, but

does seem to be catching up rapidly (this is obviously a
>>>pretty high demand

>> area). As with most linux-hardware issues, the real
>>>problem is vendor
support
>> for the Linux kernel.
>>>
>>>But I digress. I'm guessing the problem
will not
>> magically solve
>>>itself just by installing F11, but I can't say
for sure. I
>> think
>>>certain wireless devices just aren't supported in Linux
yet, but if
>>>you
>> already had it working in another distro, then that's
probably not
>>>the issue.
>> Personally, I've only tried a few different
wireless
>>>devices with linux, but
>> the only one that I could get to work
was the
>>>Linksys WUSB54GC USB Wireless
>> network adapter, but I think any
device
>>>that uses Ralink rt73 chipset has good
>> support in Linux.
Specifically,
>>>the drivers for this chipset are part of the
>> Fedora distro:
I just
>>>recently installed F11 and didn't have to do anything
>> special, the
USB
>>>wireless adapter just worked. Info on what other
>> chipsets/devices

>>>currently enjoy Linux support are avaiable at this page:
>>
>>>http://linux-
wless.passys.nl/query_hostif.php