A new problem with pre upgrade

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jun 27 16:59:02 UTC 2009

After installing updates In a fresh f10 system I no longer can run
preupgrade. I first get the output on the screen below:

[root at localhost yum.repos.d]# preupgrade
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/yum/__init__.py:181: UserWarning:
Use .preconf instead of passing args to _getConfig
  warnings.warn('Use .preconf instead of passing args to _getConfig')
Loaded plugins: blacklist, refresh-packagekit, whiteout

Then over the beginning update screen I get an error window that says:
Failed to get release information

This could be caused by a missing
network connection or a bad mirror.

Are the mirrors broken? I do have a network connection. What might be
wrong and how do I fix it?
SHIFT TO THE LEFT! SHIFT TO THE RIGHT! POP UP, PUSH DOWN, BYTE, BYTE,
BYTE!
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net