Firefox 3.5 beta occasionally completely locks system when starting f11 x86_64

stan gryt2 at q.com
Sat Jun 27 18:47:32 UTC 2009

On Sat, 27 Jun 2009 10:35:01 -0700
Jason Turning <jturning at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> I haven't had a problem on my F11 x86_64 laptop. I do run the closed
> Nvidia driver. Are you running a closed driver? Maybe it is locking
> X, so see if you can re-enable the CTRL-ALT-BKSP key to reset just X.
>
> http://preview.tinyurl.com/lusrn9

No, I'm running whatever open driver X has selected.

It locks up hard, no keyboard or mouse response whatsoever.  So, while
this is probably a good possibility in other cases, not good for this.

> Also, do you have flash working properly or could that be an issue? I
> used the following website to setup my fresh Fedora 11 install.
>
> http://www.my-guides.net/en/content/view/161/26/

Flash is not installed.  Well, the official adobe flash isn't installed.
I haven't checked gnash or swf, one of them might be.  I'll check
whether the pages it tries to load have flash the next time it happens.