Fedora-11 rant

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Sun Jun 28 19:55:42 UTC 2009

Tom Horsley wrote:

>> 2. Can one substitute a more basic driver for the one chosen
>> during the installation?

> I got a machine at work to install by adding the "vesa" option
> to the installer kernel boot options. Possibly that should
> have been "xdriver=vesa" but vesa seemed to work for me all
> by itself.

Thanks for the hint.
I tried adding vesa and "xdriver=vesa" to the kernel line in grub.conf
but neither seemed to have any effect.

So then I created /etc/xorg.conf and changed the driver to vesa,
and that had the desired effect.

I don't see any loss of quality from the savage driver under F-10.
Admittedly my T23 is not top of the range ...

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net