problem with replacing kernel

mohammed shambakey shambakey1 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 20:46:09 UTC 2009

I need the old kernel to install ChronOS (which is based on this old one, it
can be found at http://www.real-time.ece.vt.edu/chronos.html)
the following errors appear:-
unable to access resume device
mount: could not find file system
setuproot: mounting /dev failed: no such file or directory
setuproot: error mounting /proc: no such file or directory
setuproot: error mounting /sys: no such file or directory
switchroot: mount failed: No such file or directory

2009/6/29 Veli-Pekka Kestilä <fedora at guagua.fi>

> mohammed shambakey wrote:
>
>> Hi all
>> I have fedora 8 installed, and I want to use Linux kernel 2.6.24.7 from
>> www.kernel.org <http://www.kernel.org>, instead of 2.6.26.6-49.fc8 (I
>> just need it). But after I install it and try to reboot, the system gives me
>> errors about mounting somethings and a BIOS error.
>> Plz help.
>> Thanks
>>
>>  Two questions,
>
> why you want to use the older kernel
> and is there some big reason to stay in unsupported F8?
>
> Anyway you should also post the errors if you want more help. As there
> could be quite many things that can go wrong.
>
> -vpk
>
> --

Mohammed T. Y. El-Shambakey
Assistant Researcher
Knowledge based Systems and Robotics dept.
Informatics Institute
Moubarak City for Science and Technology
New Borg el Arab- Alexandria- Egypt
(+20)102843196
(+20)3-4597723