Howto revert back to earlier version of rpm, as apt is broken with latest

Nigel Henry cave.dnb2m97pp at aliceadsl.fr
Mon Mar 2 00:00:17 UTC 2009

Updates to rpm, rpm-libs, and rpm-python on F10 have broken apt.

How can I revert back to the earlier version of rpm? I have the earlier rpm
packages available in /var/cache/yum/updates/packages.

The current installed version of rpm (apt broken) is rpm-4.6.0-1.fc10.i386

The earlier version of rpm where apt was working ok is,
rpm-4.6.0-0.rc3.1.fc10.i386.rpm

I tried installing the earlier version using rpm -Uvh --oldpackage
<package-name>, and that was referring to the rpm package, but there were
problems as rpm-libs, and rpm-python were at the latest version (dependency
issues).

Somehow, it seems that I need to revert all 3 rpm packages to the earlier
version at the same time, but I don't know how to do that.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Nigel.