xfce 4.6.0 for F9

phil happyharrysco1 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Mar 2 22:42:25 UTC 2009

Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Mar 2009 16:53:51 -0500
> Dave Feustel <dfeustel at mindspring.com> wrote:
>
>> xfce 4.6.0 has been announced, but it is a rather complicated package
>> to build and install.  Will xfce 4.6.0 be available as a Fedora 9
>> package?
>
> Pretty unlikely. I'm not sure all the dependencies are available there,
> and its a pretty intrusive change for a stable release (something like
> 60 packages would need to update with all the plugins, etc)
>
> We are still thinking about F10 as well.
>
>> Thanks.
>>

> kevin

kevin is it major surgery to build xfce 4.6 in F10? as i've literally
just finished downloading the full source tarball, (and the graphical
installer in case i came up against to much problems lol) and if it's
going to be a major hassle i'll just pass for now as my aspire one is
running pretty sweet and i don't want to rock the boat, also if your
going to build it for F10 i can wait for that ;)

phil