cannot login after adding keyboard layout

Jerry Ro jerrro at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 00:07:57 UTC 2009

Hello all,
I tried to do something quite simple in fedora 9. I went to System ->
preferences -> hardware -> keyboard and added a new keyboard layout. The
moment I pressed OK, my X-windows crashed, and I was back to the login
screen.

After that I can no longer login using my user name. I can log-in as root,
but whenever I try to enter with my user name, fedora 9 stops for a moment
pretends as if it is going to log-in, but then I get back the log-in screen
after a few seconds.

any ideas how to fix that?

thanks.