XFCE 4.6 Success

john wendel jwendel10 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 3 05:25:33 UTC 2009

For those of you lusting after XFCE 4.6, I just wanted to report that I
ran the graphical installer and installed in a sub-directory in my home
directory. The only tweak I had to do was edit the "gtk-doc.pc"
pkgconfig file and pretend that it was version 1.10. The build took 7
minutes.

Added $HOME/xfce4.6/bin to the PATH and ran "startxfce4" from a level 3
login. Works like a champ. It worked with the 4.4 configuration files in
my home directory. BTW, this was on an old F8 box. My F10 box gets the
treatment tomorrow night.

Regards,

John