pidgin startup data

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Mar 3 12:08:05 UTC 2009

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht:
>> and show system tray icon was set at never, in the
>> ~/.purple/prefs.xml file.
>
> I don't immediately see any variable by that name (or similar) in my
> old or new prefs.  (Maybe that's the problem if it defaults to
> value='0' ?)

The default seems to be always to show the list, but I was naming
something by the GUI preference options, that I hadn't (yet) found in
the preferences configuration file.

Toggling the setting, then checking the configuration file for changes,
reveals this section, at the end of the file:

		<pref name='docklet'>
			<pref name='blink' type='bool' value='1'/>
			<pref name='show' type='string' value='never'/>
			<pref name='x11'>
				<pref name='embedded' type='bool' value='0'/>
			</pref>
		</pref>

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r