My fedora freeze it

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 22:47:24 UTC 2009

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 3:13 PM, Aldo Foot <lunixer at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 10:49 AM, Arthur Pemberton <pemboa at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I can confirm a lot of freezes in F9 as well. They seemed to have
>> started 2 kernels ago.

Sorry, I forgot to mark this thread.

> On what type of system have you experienced the problem?

This is a customized system that I've had for a few years now. Which
immediately reminds me that I maybe need to dust it out.

P4, 3.5GB of RAM, ASUS board.

> Do you continually have this problem or have you been able to fix it?

Since it first happened, it has happened at least 3 more times. And
this is a really hard lockup. I have found no pattern except for
network usage leading me to wonder if it is a problem with the NIC
kernel module.

> Does it happen randomly or when you're doing a particular thing?

Thing is, I use my machine for a lot of stuff. as a Mythbackend being
one thing. I would like to say that it seems to happen when I use the
network heavily. But I use the network heavily a lot more than it
fails -- so that isn't exactly a concrete causality.

It bloody pisses me off though. I did a kernel update last night, will
wait and see what happens.

I haven't cleared out the machine yet just because the stupid SATA
plugs both my drives are bad, and if I lose connectivity with them, I
may never get it back.

--
Fedora 9 : sulphur is good for the skin
( www.pembo13.com )