USB-SATA/IDE adapter on linux/Fedora?

Mauriat mirandam at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 00:19:09 UTC 2009

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 6:12 PM, L <yuanlux at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Has any one had good experience with USB-SATA/IDE adapter on
> linux/Fedora? if so, what is the brand? Most of these devises on
> markets is marked as workable on win or MAC. non mention of linux
>
> thanks

I have used at least 5 different adapters over the past few years.
Compatibility none of them ever had any issues in Linux.  I never
really checked brands/support.  The one I have right now is from
"Coolgear" which I use for SATA.

Physically however they all are pretty poor quality in my opinion.
I've had many fail - typically due to the power unit or bad cable.

-Mauriat