Fed10 and recording quitar music

rodolfoap nospaze at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 21:13:09 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-03-06 at 11:12 +0100, johnbs wrote:
>     could somebody please give me the load down on recording quality
> music with Fedora 10? What programmes should I use, etc in fact
> everything!

- http://linux-sound.org/ has an interesting collection of apps.
- Install CCRMA repo, browse apps, there are wonderful
- my preferred:
for audio recording: audacity
effects: rakarrack
looping: sooperlooper (runs with sl-gui)
writing: denemo/nted
sequencing: rosegarden
rhythm machine: hydrogen
midi time machine: ardour (ardour is a full app, I use it only as a midi
time gen to sync it with sooperlooper and hydrogen)
others you will need: qjackctl, qsynth

> My friends tell me I would have to quit Fedora and go to
> Windows : an idea which does not please me.

Windows has some nice apps, linux has more, but not as mature as windows
ones (I can't find an advanced equivalent to finale, sometimes I use my
old finale 2007 over wine). Audio quality is excellent. I prefer working
with linux, due to the possibilities, I use an Axiom midi controller.

Greets!
Rodolfo Alcazar - rodolfo.alcazar at padep.org.bo
otbits.blogspot.com / counter.li.org: #367962
"Wenn sich Intel und Microsoft in deine Sache einmischen, weißt du, dass
du etwas richtig machst."
- Nicholas Negroponte, auf der Fachkonferenz LinuxWorld 2006 in Boston
verteidigte sich Negroponte
mit diesen Worten gegen Kritik von Microsoft und Intel an seinem 100
Dollar Laptop