Fedora10, install WinXP in VMware-Player

James Kaufman jmk at kaufman.eden-prairie.mn.us
Sun Mar 8 02:57:13 UTC 2009

On Sat, Mar 07, 2009 at 09:49:58PM -0500, Jim wrote:
> FC10/KDE
> I have VMware-Player-2.5.1-126130.i386 installed in Fedora 10, how do I
> install WinXP into VMware ??

VMware-Player is designed to "play" existing virtual machines (aka,
"appliances"). Therefore, you would need to have a VM that has been configured
to run XP in order to run XP under VMware player.

You can create such a VM using VMWare server (free download from vmware.com).
Create a VM under VMWare server, then feed it the WinXP installation disks.

--
Jim Kaufman
Linux Evangelist