yum sometimes updates sometimes not

Mail Lists lists at sapience.com
Mon Mar 9 03:00:51 UTC 2009

  I have a local repo on an internal web server - I have 6 machines on
F10 using the same repo - 3 machines happily update - 3 say they are up
to date - which they are not - firefox for example is not 3.0.7.

  The mirrorlist is a file - which contains a single entry - my web
server.  And is identical on all machines - in fact its all nfs mounted.

  I try this "yum clean metadata" and even yum clean all - still yum
update says there are no updates ...

  I tried --noplugins - same problem. Only plugin i have is changelog
anyway beyonf the standard install.

  Suggestions on how to force yum to recognize the updates are there -
they really are?

  thx.