yum sometimes updates sometimes not

Mike Cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 09:13:19 UTC 2009

Craig White-6 wrote:

>> > they may use the same mirrorlist file but they will get different
>> > results based upon whichever server the mirrorlist server dishes out
>> and
>> > each mirror will have its own schedule for sync'ing. If you have 6
>> > machines on F10, you might want to consider running your own mirror.

I have a feeling there was something wrong with the Fedora metadata last
night  -  I could not update from the central repo even though the rpms were
apparently available.... later the files got fixed and all was well - so I
expect that the OP had not error in his mirror but that the files he was
syncing from were not yet up to date at the time.